The 200-hour Yoga Alliance Registered program offers foundational teaching ofAhava Yoga: alignment sequencing, philosophy + Introduction to Ayurveda.
Dive into a life-changing course of study to deepen your understanding of the yoga, and your personal yoga practice. Drawing from ancient yoga theory and modern knowledge of the body and mind, this program covers the complete scope of yoga practice: yamas and niymas (lifestyle guidelines), asana (posture), pranayama (breath training), pratyahara (sensory withdrawl), dharana (concentration), dhyana (meditation), and samadhi (self-realization). Course is conducted on a weekend bases Friday-Sunday.
Course Content Overview
PART 1. FOUNDATION
- Embodying Ahava Flow
PART 2. HOW TO PRACTICE AND TEACH ALL MAJOR CLASSES OF ASANAS
- Principles of energetic alignment
- Principles of structural alignment
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
- Yoga model of the subtle (pranic) body
- Structuring and sequencing classes
- Practice teaching in small and large groups
PART 3. HOW TO PRACTICE AND TEACH PRANAYAMA, PRATYAHARA, AND MEDITATION
- Pranayama practice and teaching
- Relaxation techniques and teaching
- Theory and practice of meditation
- Science and theory of mantra meditation
PART 4. UNDERSTANDING AND APPLYING YOGA PHILOSOPHY
- Study of Biblical Text
- Study of Esoteric Christian Philosophy
Participants who complete the program receive a Yoga Teacher Certification from the Ahava Yoga School and are also eligible to apply for the 200-hour level of registration (RYT) with Yoga Alliance. Certification requirements include:
- Attendance at all training sessions
- Required reading
- Satisfactory practicum assessment & passing grade on the written examination
- Completion of 20 Ahava Yoga classes
- Completion of the assigned 40 day kriya or meditation
- Creation of 2 yoga course curricula
- Proper representation of the Code of Professional Standards for Ahava Yoga Teachers
- Full payment of course fees
Most participants complete their certification requirements in 6-9 months. All participants must complete certification requirements within three years in order to receive certification. Ahava Yoga Teachers Training course fulfills the Yoga Alliance’s 200 hour national standard for a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT).
To enroll in the course, Ahava Yoga School must receive your payment along with your registration application. Enrollment is limited. Cost includes: tuition, certification and YA membership. Cost does not include airfare, meals, accommodation or transportation costs. Students are responsible for their own airfare and transportation to and from location.
Full Payment: $2,777
Early Bird: $2,222
The Ahava Yoga School is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga School.